Search Site

Santa Clara County Firm Obtains Permits for Property Owners

Knowledgeable Gilroy attorney assists with zoning and land use concerns

Making the best use of your property is often more difficult than it seems. Local, state and even federal authorities impose regulations that restrict the use of commercial, developmental and residential properties. At Goldblatt Law Firm in Gilroy, I am an experienced legal advocate who helps Californians secure the permits they need to maximize their real estate investments. Whether you’re looking to develop a commercial property or are seeking to expand your home, attorney L. Steven Goldblatt will outline the legal landscape and vigorously pursue an appropriate resolution to your land use matter.

Incisive advocate pursues appropriate relief from governing authorities

In many property matters, it is essential to get knowledgeable advice on permitting before you enter into a real estate transaction. During a free initial consultation, I will demonstrate how my firm helps clients secure:

  • Development permits — If you are looking to develop a site for personal, business or investment purposes, obtaining the necessary approvals is the first step.
  • Building permits — My firm has detailed knowledge of the particular building rules in various Northern California communities. Even if you’re just in the planning stage, I can advise you of the regulations and help you make adjustments if warranted.
  • Zoning, variances and nonconforming uses — Many rules exist regarding the zoning of particular areas. However, these standards are often outdated or not well suited to a specific project. I will outline the zoning provisions that affect your property and present an authoritative variance application when you need one. If regulatory changes have turned your property into a legal nonconforming use, my firm will advise you of your rights.
  • Flood insurance permits — The devastating nature of flood damage is obvious to anyone who watches the news. Accordingly, businesses and individuals who seek to build in a floodplain usually must comply with the standards set by the National Flood Insurance Program. I can help prepare the relevant documentation to maximize your chance of getting the flood insurance you need.

An unexpected permit problem can turn a profitable property into a major loss. Don’t expose yourself to an unpleasant surprise. My firm provides cost-efficient counsel in all types of these matters throughout Santa Clara, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties.

Contact an experienced California permits attorney for a free initial consultation

Goldblatt Law Firm represents California clients in all types of issues involving permits and other land use issues. Please call 408-763-4715 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Gilroy office.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Gilroy Office
    22 Martin St.
    Gilroy, California 95020
    Phone: 408-763-4715
    Fax: 408-847-4164